Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Reminder

Beautiful Pandora, I think it's the best present I've ever received :)
Charms include a beautiful little teacup and saucer, pink and white stripe glass charm, shopping bag with gold bow and a petite suitcase with Paris and palm trees inscribed on it!
The most meaningful gift I ever received was when I turned fifteen. I remember that everyone made a card, simple, A3 and plain (until they'd set paint to it!), how it dried in time is a miracle! Anyway, then everyone signed it. Everyone I knew at school. I can remember thinking, 'Wow, how darn lucky are you Mhairi', minus the 'darn' maybe.
Anyway, what a lovely day of reading and housework. The real surprise and laughter came later, of course. What's the phrase? "All good things come to those who wait"? People may call me cynical but today that one, hopefully, is accurate. I think today I'm allowed to feel like I did manage to change and be the person I wanted to be. Where did the year go?
It was delightful to hear how happy my Daddy was on the phone. Who knew catching cod was the answer to all the weekly woes.
Well Daddy dear, you're still number one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words.