Wednesday 15 June 2011

Lucky Shiner

I promise this in so many ways, only to you.

I had a secret dream.
I woke up and acted secretly different since. Dysania found me, again.



Why is it always the birds that get so much recognition? Let us dive deep under the water and explore to the coldest and darkest corner. Where light and colour do not share the same room, and oxygen does not exist. Yet in these places, some old and forgotten circumstance means existence is made easy. Then surface and walk into the shallower shores. The light is glittering, bright, fresh. Does it sting your eyes? Shall we blame that on the water instead. The sand sticks to your skin but you only feel the warmth it wraps on to your feet. Nature gives you shoes to walk her paths. Does she want us to win here? The big games are harder here but always seeming to be worth 'something or another'. The theory of actuality is one we all know deep inside ourselves, you have seen it quoted to you by your people on your worst days. We are taking in the advice given, perhaps in one ear and out the other. Lasting impressions never were your strongest point but that does not mean you will be forgotten.
I find myself asking thousands of questions, but never speaking them aloud. I will be in my little world. The quiet one, not quite yet ready for what the world has on offer. Continuously falling. Terror in waking.


I am dying to tell you but they say that once you tell a secret it could not possibly come true.

11 comments:

  1. "Where light and colour do not share the same room, and oxygen does not exist. Yet in these places, some old and forgotten circumstance means existence is made easy."

    I'm speechless. Your words leave me breathless, darling. And if you are too afraid it couldn't come true, then there's no reason for you to say them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was wonderful. It took root in my short term memory, i hope not too obviously did it slip out again in a semi automatic firing of sorts. Thank you
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you leave me speechless.
    (tell us when it has come true)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is delightful.
    you are delightful.

    breathless.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are more secrets in the dusk than in the dawn, because you have to look harder to find them.

    Gods I loved this post. Your posts always make my life wonderful for the beautiful images they conjure into my head.

    Lady bless and keep you <3

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is why I trap my secrets in jars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The figurtive language and the flow of verse, sentence to sentence, is lovely. Intriguing piece of writing here.
    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, I am following you too after reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You my dear are so much more to ME than you think. A breathlessly beautiful soul in whose words I take refuge.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Mhairi!

    My, what a lovely place you have here! I think it will be my new sun-drenched coffee lounge, a great place to hang out!

    Is your icon photo one of you? If so, feel my envy, you have the most beautiful hair!

    I love your writing. Let me tell you, as a Capricorn, I too, know all about secrets. We need them like sunlight, like air. I mostly seek out solitude. I spend 10 hours of every day in it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    I must say, here in the Southern Hemisphere, it's getting pretty chilly, so Dysania and I are pretty tight right now! Unfortunately, Insomnia is helping either, bunch of clingy bitches!

    I hope you have a wonderful day, Love. *Big Hug*! <3. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh, how did i not find your blog before? you have such a beautiful way with words. i think we all have to swallow our secrets, sometimes, although it is never easy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The world is a scary place, I don't know how to face that. Darling words.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words.