Monday 14 February 2011

Nightbook





Hide me, steal me, covet me, spoil me, destroy me, unwrap me. Elegantly tie me up with a bow and present me to your crowd. I promise to follow the checklist. I will skip the steps that make me laugh and carefully tread round those that I like to make them last the longest. Whom will save us now?

I will take the pen and write it all down in a letter - too long for us to read. Then post it anyway and watch the postman sigh and grieve. We shall take a little stroll and open the door to your surprise. Joy and thoughts of wonder hidden behind closed, trembling eyes. We were unmoving but travelled. A thousand miles and more. Further to the boundaries, of seaside Beauty's shore. Stay hidden in the house of sense and jumbled talks. Where revealed sentiments live and clocks do not ensure. Take heed. Unfinished.

I keep writing what you ask. Tick, tick, tick. All the tasks are done. More hoops to come. Trained and obedient till the time comes.


No, no the rhyme is stupid and forgotten. Make me fuller, show you. When did ugly sides grow to the physical and final article? Cliff hanger.

Politeness over understanding. The party was over before it began. Ha ha, we write in pen to make it permanent, take that pencil and snap it in two. A spine is just the same. Delicate, fragile - mandatory. We are on stilts, our shakes precarious to the life around us. Let us escape, choking and trapped is the current situation and it will not do. I shall take you with me no matter what they say.

Grace has been lost. Smiling is unnatural. Balance knocked over and fell head first. No hands are waiting to catch you here. This is not the delightful masterpiece of allegory you wished for.
There was a high of lightning. That's right, no pain in striking. We are running in the night.

Secrets for the wicked shall live on forevermore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words.